How to Correct an Overbite?
The problem of an overbite is seen both in kids and adults. Also, the study shows that nearly 50% of childrens and 20% of adults have a substantial overbite.
The problem of overbite will come in multiple forms and they are known through various names. Although, there is a thing that all overbite is having a common problem ie; the ability to make a person self-conscious about their smile. In some serious cases, the overbite may turn out to be dangerous for your health. That is why it is important to visit the emergency orthodontists near me
The article will let you know about what is overbite, its causes, symptoms, treatment, and prevention of your overbite problems. Let’s dive in!
What is an overbite?
The problem of overbite is also known as buck teeth, it is a teeth misalignment. The overbite will occur when the upper front teeth stick out beyond your lower front teeth. The problem of overbite is a sort of malocclusion. The term states that there are crooked teeth or misaligned teeth.
What causes an overbite?
There are some situations, where having an overbite is hereditary among people. Genetic traits like the shape of your jaw would influence the teeth’ alignment.
Several more causes may involve-
- Grinding of your teeth
- Still using a pacifier, even at the age of 3 years.
- NNSB (non-nutritive sucking behavior) or thumb-sucking
- Too much nail-biting.
- Tongue thrusting
What are the symptoms of overbite?
The main signs or symptoms of having an overbite are connected with your appearance. But also, there are more signs let’s know about them.
- Pain in your jaws.
- Facing difficulty in closing or opening the mouth.
- Challenges while speaking
- Discomfort while having food.
What is the treatment of an overbite?
The treatment of an overbite correction will go different for both kids and adults. If you have the overbite treatment for a child then the process will go like this-
- Growth transformation equipment or palate amplifiers will be used during the flow of growth and Ivanovjaw repositioning.
- overbite braces to gradually shift the teeth into the right alignment.
- Elimination of your permanent teeth and baby teeth to make the room for your adult teeth.
- Use retainers to keep the alignment of your teeth after braces.
Let’s now move into the treatment for adults-
- Braces are used to shift only the teeth which are infected by overbite.
- The dentist will perform the surgery to fix the jaw alignment.
- Removal of teeth permits the left teeth to make a room.
After having an overbite treatment, you may look at your picture with teeth and smile after the overbite before and after.
What are the preventions of overbite?
Many times, the overbites occur because of some rebellious aspects, like genetics.
The prevention might be in certain ways, in case of childrens-
- Have a regular visit to your kids orthodontist near me
- Daunting their habit of thumb sucking.
- Evading the sippy cups with the spill-proof valves
- Limit the use of pacifiers from the age of 3 years.
From the above article, it is clear that overbite is a serious problem that needs to be treated. So, it is always essential to have the best and superior orthodontists for treating your overbite issues. Furthermore, if you want to look at the overbite before and after braces pictures, then you need to visit our official website of Ivanov ortho!