A Glimpse Into The Health Benefits Of Goji Berries
Goji berries were first introduced to the general population’s awareness by Doctor Earl Mindell. Based on the concept of Himalayan traditional medicine, Dr. Mindell claimed that Goji berries can provide the necessary health benefits such as anti-ageing and general well-being and this has more potent effects than medicine or other food options.
Goji berries contain polysaccharides and thereby supplies the body with the essential sugars such as glucose, xylose, rhamnose, and galactose. All of these essential sugars facilitate in the function of a better immune system. Aside from being the biggest source of glyconutrients, goji berries are also packed with eight essential amino acids, as well as traces of zince, calcium, iron, copper, phosphorus and selenium.
As goji berries contain essential minerals and vitamins that can be found in other food sources, it is unsurprising that scientists have also traced that goji berries are better sources of beta-carotene when compared to carrots, and also has five hundred times more vitamin C when compared to oranges. Indeed, big things can come in small packages and goji berries can attest to this.
There seems to be a heap of health benefits that people can get from a regular diet with goji berries:
• Anti-ageing. Goji berries can be an excellent source of antioxidants which help the body in fighting off free radicals. Aside from this anti-ageing property, the components from goji berries also help in stimulating the growth hormones in the body. With the combination of these two properties, it is no wonder that regularly eating goji berries can help in renewing and rejuvenating the skin cells in the body.
• Reduce the risk of high sugar and blood levels. Goji berries have been employed in traditional Chinese medicine for years, as the cure for diabetes and high-blood pressure. Goji berries are also known to help in preserving the quality of the liver because of its betanine components.
• Prevent muscular degeneration. The nutrients found in goji berries can help the body in avoiding the disintegration of the muscles. Eye-health is also another aspect that can benefit from goji berries, as the fruit contains healthy fatty acids such as the omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid.
• Increase stamina and endurance. A regular bowl of goji berries can render the body with better strength and vitality and improves the body’s tolerance to stress.
• Stronger immune system. As mentioned earlier, the polysaccharides found in goji berries facilitate in balancing the quantity and functions of the immune cells.
• Better sleep. Insomnia is often considered as an underlying symptom of a deteriorating health. Eating goji berries on a regular basis can strengthen the body’s resistance and improve its health. In turn, people who are in constant diet with goji berries will not only experience better health, but also an enhanced quality of sleep.
Goji berries can be eaten on its own, juiced or pureed, or served along with cereals or other kinds of fruits. Since goji berries is packed with a variety of essential minerals, vitamins and fatty acids, there is no denying that indulging in a bowl of goji berries will not only make snack time more interesting, it also improves the body’s system.